Friday, June 14, 2013

A Quick Snack Food Favorite



One of my favorite snacks: cottage cheese + apples + granola bunches
I know, I know — COTTAGE CHEESE!  Most people automatically assume cottage cheese is gross because it’s chunky and curd-like (haha!). I will agree that it doesn’t look appetizing, but I love snacking on this stuff!  I won’t eat it alone, but it is quite delicious if you pair it with the right compliments.
Cottage cheese is very healthy; it’s low in fat and carbs, but packed with protein and calcium!

What you need:


  • 1 apple  (use a sweet apple like Fuji or Golden Delicious; avoid sour green apples
  • 1 cup of cottage cheese (I use non or low-fat, but 2% will taste better
  • 1/4 cup of granola (I use Just Bunches, but any granola will do)

Preparation:
 * Peel (optional) & dice the apple  * Scoop some cottage cheese on top of your diced apples * Sprinkle some granola on top of the cottage cheese and apples * Eat & enjoy!

Of course if you’re a cottage cheese virgin, you may want to begin by using less cottage cheese and more of the tasty apple and/or granola.  Tailor it to your satisfaction!
Cottage cheese is also very omnomnom with peanut butter.
Give it a try ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment