Sunday, January 18, 2015

Eyebrow Pencils For Black Hair | Photos & Swatches



Strong, defined, bold brows have been all the craze lately. Comments and hashtags regarding having a strong #browgame have been showering social media platforms left and right.

Being a sparse-eyebrow-hair-gal, I have tried well over 10 different eyebrow products over the past few years. My biggest challenge with finding the right eyebrow product is finding a natural shade to match my black Asian eyebrow hair. The majority of the brow products available on the US market have too much of a warm red undertone to naturally match those with jet black hair.

I plan to make individual in-depth blogpost reviews on each of these eyebrow pencils. In the meantime, here is a quick breakdown of which brow pencil shades work well to match jet black hair.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Money saving tipEbates cashback program is offering 8% cash back for Sephora (cash back rates vary; the most I've seen for Sephora is 10%!). Ebates has soo many online sites they offer cash back for. Definitely look for cashback bonuses before you make any online purchase!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


I WOULD RECOMMEND:

I've also been wanting to try Lioele's Brow Pencil in "gray black", but I've just been trying to use up my current collection of brow products (I have a lot -- eek).


I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND:


Photos:





I have also tried brow powder, brow wax, and brow kits -- but I'll save those for a separate post. I truly hope this helps some of my black hair sisters out there!


Leave me a comment and let me know what brow products you love!

11 comments:

  1. I have always had the same problem as you with the eyebrow makeup being way too brown which makes it look so fake and unnatural. Your swatches are so helpful! I would really like to see how they look applied on the brows against your black hair. I read your Anastasia BH brow wiz review and the photos you posted really helped. I want to try the Shiseido pencil but if it runs out fast, then I'm not sure. I'll have to check it out! Thnx so much for this post. Found from pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on blog posts with these products actually applied on my brows - stay tuned! Thanks for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips. I have black hair and I always have problems with my makeup. I'll give your advice a try and will update you on how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad this post helped! There are SO many brow products out there, but not that many for natural black hair :p I'm looking forward to trying some Asian brands and hopefully I'll have an updated post in the future :) Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Holy crap, where has this post been all my life??? Wish I had come across this post $100 ago! I swear I think I've spent around 100 bux on brow stuff in my lifetime and have yet to find a good match for my jet black hair. I cant wait to try that sephora pencil in the soft charcoal color. It looks like it would be a good match and I really hope so because it's not that expensive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you :P I have spent way too much money on trying brow products!
      I'm glad this post helped :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for posting this! Super helpful for someone with black hair. Currently, I'm in love with the E.L.F. Instant Lift Eyebrow Pencil in Deep Brown. The tip is thicker than the ABH Brow Wiz for sure, but the color match is fantastic. I've also heard good things about the Annabelle (Canadian Cosmetic Company) Brow Pencil- apparently another dupe for the ABH Brow Wiz! I've been dying to try the Glossier Boy Brow in Black (it's super soft-like dark grey, it looks like it'd blend in well), but I hear they've got a 10,000 person long waitlist on it! Anyway, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear this post was helpful! Thanks for all the product suggestions, I'll def have to try them out. Especially since the elf pencil is only $2!

      Delete
  5. This EXACT SAME THING just happened to me. I didn't know if it was the face wash or the moisturizer. It hurts so much... Thank u for posting this... I was so excited to try these products too :( and we have a wedding this weekend and it's a holiday weekend.. What timing

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you say if i go for Eyebrow Transplant in Dubai ? I need to get best service :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep your brow game strong with these eyebrow pencils and gel. Achieve that eyebrows on fleek in no time. Check these out.

    visit http://thefunstuffshop.com/

    ReplyDelete